Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Toddler Foods

Lately I've had a ton of requests for ideas for toddler foods. I've compiled a list that will hopefully help you come up with ideas (obviously in our house we put fat on everything)

Fruit
Steamed vegetables
Quesadillas
Cheese
Yogurt
Beans
Mac & Cheese
Various Pastas
Chunks of Rotisserie chicken
Meatballs
Scrambled eggs
Waffles
Applesauce
Creamy peanut butter (or other nut butter)
Cream cheese/jelly on flat bread
Chicken nuggets
Gnocchi
Sweet potato fries
Grilled cheese
Boca/veggie burgers
Hamburger
Ravioli
Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat
Edamame
Tofu
Hummus
Stir Fry
Rice
Couscous
Earth’s Best Organic cheese crackers
Tater Tots
String cheese
Cereal
Thinly-sliced deli meat
Roasted veggies
Turkey burgers
Guacamole
Tofu

I'd love to hear your favorites!

3 comments:

  1. Great list! My picky toddler eats only a few of these, but we just keep trying! The list has some good reminders. I always get inspired at this food blog...the recipes are so easy and delicious!
    www.weelicious.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...my toddler is not a big fan of yogurt, but he likes it when I freeze strawberry yogurt dollops. I put them on wax paper and freeze on a plate, about the size of small pancakes. A little messy, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! DS is very picky and there are certain things he will not eat all by itself (avocados, yogurt, etc.). I have become very good at hiding things especially in oatmeal. He LOVES oatmeal and every day I add something to it that he doesn't notice (2T of PB and 1/2 a pureed banana, half an avocado, etc.) and when he asks for "milk" I add a container of yogurt and he is none the wiser! It took awhile to figure something out, but I am a pro now!

    ReplyDelete